FEEDING THE HUNGRY -- OUR HONOR ROLL
Thank you Dave Johnson!
One of the people who did the most, from the beginning of the West Fullerton Improvement Committee until his death in July 2008, to help our neighborhood was our good friend Dave Johnson, who was a giant in more ways than just his physical stature. He not only worked hard at Hot Meal Ministry and at monthly food distributions, but he spoke out tirelessly and fearlessly in favor of the people in our corner of Fullerton. We miss you, Dave! (You can read here
a beautiful tribute to Dave Johnson which appeared in the Fullerton Observer
This ministry would be impossible without the many friends and neighbors who pitch in each month and help Orangethorpe United Methodist Church's Latino Ministry distribute food. These are the groups who have served during the past six months:
- 2 Feb - Cub Scout Pack 1294
- 16 Feb - many volunteers from the neighborhood and our churches, including Sandor, Dave, the "two Marķas", Bob and Gina.
- 2 Mar - Cub Scout Pack 1294
- 16 Mar - St. Jude Medical Center Food Services employees
- 6 Apr - Cub Scout Pack 1294
- 20 Apr - St. Jude Medical Center Lab employees
- 4 May - St. Jude Medical Center employees
- 18 May - St. Jude Medical Center Surgery Department employees
- 1 Jun - Cub Scout Pack 1294 and St. Jude Medical Center employees
- 15 Jun - Lions Heart volunteers, sponsored by St. Jude Medical Center
- 6 Jul - Cub Scout Pack 1294
- 20 Jul - many volunteers from the neighborhood and our churches, including Sandor, Jeanette, the "two Marķas", Bob, Chris, and Gina.
To see who helped us at distributions before the ones listed here, please visit our "ancient history" page.
Here's who is scheduled to help at distributions in coming months during 2019:
Cub Scout Pack 1294 is sponsored by Orangethorpe United Methodist Church. Its leaders informed us, in November 2018, that they wished to continue serving as food distribution volunteers on the first Saturday of each month, for as long as is possible.
Would you like to see your organization's name in one of the empty slots above? If so, please call Orangethorpe United Methodist Church (714.526.8317) and let us know that you'd like to come help!
You don't have to be a member of an organization to serve in this ministry. Just come to our parking lot by 8:00 a.m. on one of the dates above. We'll be glad to put you to work.
We're very grateful to the following good neighbors who pay each month for a delivery of food to West Fullerton:
Feeding the Hungry - Main Page